3 Sweet Potatoes (or yams)
2 Tbsp of Butter
1Tbsp of Flour
1 1/2 cups of Milk
1 cup of Gruyere Cheese
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp of dry thyme leaves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
about 1 oz of chantrelle mushrooms chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 325*F
- Slice the sweet potatoes / yams to 1/8 inch thick rounds
- Arrange the cut potatoes in a 10″ baking dish creating a circular pattern overlapping slightly like dominos. As you finish the outer ring slowly move inward.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, once melted add the flour stirring until smooth
- Slowly add the milk and stir until smooth. Continue to heat until a light simmer and the mixture ahs thickened. The sauce should be able to lightly coat the back of your spoon.
- Melt in the cheese and add the seasonings.
- Once the cheese is melted fold in the chopped chantrelle mushrooms.
- Pour the mixture over the arranged potatoes
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are warm and tender.