Gold Standard Recipe
Portion: 4.5 ounce Stuffed Turkey Burger
|Turkey Breast Ground 7% fat||20||Ounces|
|Celery, blanched diced 1 oz.||2||Tablespoons|
|Onion, blanched diced 1.5 oz.||¼||Cup|
|Scallion, minced .685 oz.||1||Teaspoon|
|Seasoning Mix: Slurry /|
|Black Pepper, table grind .005 oz.||¼||Teaspoon|
|Kosher Salt .125||½||Teaspoon|
|Sage, rubbed .001||¼||Teaspoon|
|Eggs, whole 1.6 oz.||1||Each|
|Milk 2 oz.||1/4||Cup|
|Bread Crumbs 1 oz.||¼||Cup|
|Brie Cheese, Rind removed||6.3||Ounce|
|Black Pepper, table grind||.15||Ounce|
|Flour, all purpose||.410||Ounce|
|Gelatin – for hold||1||Ounce|
Method of Preparation:
- Grind turkey with fine plate on meat grinder and place into a stainless bowl.
- Prepare vegetables and blanch in water and cool quickly, drain well. Add to the meat mixture. Do not blanch the scallions only the onion and celery.
- For the seasoning blend the dry ingredients together with the breadcrumbs and mix with the egg and milk to create a slurry. Add this to the ground turkey meat and mix on low in a mixer until all is blended well.
- Form 2 oz. burger patties on patty paper and chill to 38° – 40°F.
- For the brie mix combine all the ingredients into a mixer with the paddle and blend all well to complete a smooth mixture.
- To begin spread the Brie filling onto a two-ounce patty from center to ¼ inch from edge. Sprinkle edge with a small amount of gelatin to hold the patties together.
- Fold a plain patty onto the brie topped patty and press the edges together and form a perfect burger about 4 – 6 inches in diameter.
- Chill ready for service.
Grill the stuffed turkey burger to 150°F, don’t press while cooking. Serve on a whole wheat hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato and onion. Serve with a fresh fruit salad and slaw.