With the growing popularity of dips and sociable foods the standard spinach and artichoke dip for hot and hummus for cold is getting a bit redundant. Twists like a forgers best mushroom ragout is similar texturally to the beloved fan favorite spin dip but utilizes an array of mushrooms roasted with onions and hearty spices like rosemary and thyme before coating with creamy béchamel and cheese over a toasted Ciabatta crostini. This upscale twist is familiar but different and full of flavor sure to please any crowd.
- 4 cups cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cup Alfredo Sauce
- 4 Cups of Crimini Mushrooms Quartered
- 4 Cups of Onion Diced
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- Oil As Needed
- Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large sauté pan, heat oil.
2. Add onion and Mushrooms cooking until the onions just begin to caramelize.
3. Season with Black Pepper
4. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and alfredo sauce.
5. Combine Cream Sauce with cheese and mushrooms (more mushrooms and onions for a more chunky distribution)
6. Continue to heat until a bubble to melt cheese
7. Serve warm with Crostini or chips.
** Garnish with shredded cheese and Chopped Mushrooms. **