Root vegetables are abundant in cold months and provide a great since of warmth, satiety and comfort. This soup blends crisp celeriac also known as celery root with creamy potatoes for a hearty root soup.
- 2 1/2 lbs of celery root (celeriac) peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- 1 medium onion 1 inch chunks
- 12oz of Yukon gold potatoes peeled in 1 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic cloves
- Chefs Salt
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Oil as needed
1. Heat oil in a large sauce pan, sauté the onion until softened and translucent. Add the celery root, potatoes, and garlic. Season with chefs salt as needed. Once the vegetables are coated with oil and beginning to gain color add the water and broth; bring to a boil and cover.
2. Allow the vegetables to simmer until tender approx 20minutes
3. Remove 1 cup of liquid from the sauce pan and set aside.
4. Puree the vegetable mixture until smooth, using the reserved liquid to adjust consistency.
5. Season as desired.
Garnish with seasoned sour cream, celeriac chip, chive and celery dust.