CSG Enhanced Innovation, Plant Throughput, and Produced Clean Label Results
Plenus Group, Inc. is a USDA/FDA, HACCP Compliant, and SQF Level II certified food manufacturing facility in Lowell, MA. They specialize in manufacturing premium soups, sauces, and high-quality frozen foods in a state-of-the-art cook-chill manufacturing facility. In addition to their private label development, they also operate with a line of products under their own brand, including Boston Chowda Co., East Coast Gourmet, and Herban Fresh Foods.
Chef Services Group has worked closely with Plenus Group over the past 15 years. Throughout these years, Plenus has relied on CSG for assistance whenever they required help with recipe formulation, new product development, trial testing, and technical advisory support services.
During our time working together, CSG assisted with several initiatives like nutrition labeling, ingredient sourcing, working with ingredient companies on private label manufacturing formula development, and more. A few of our most notable projects over the years include:
- Reformulated existing soups to achieve gluten-free claims for major retailers such as Whole Foods, Roche Brothers, Market Basket, and more
- Improved consistency and functionality in cream soups working with specialty-selected starches and gum matrix
- Supported diversity projects for Indian, Thai, Asian, and Italian-influenced projects
- Collaborated with R&D to initiate target results and facilitated vendor support to achieve label claims such as gluten-free, vegan, and GMO-free
- Conduct bench work to formulate for process and assembly of finished products
- Assisted with the writing of food nutrition labels
- Helped to produce low-sodium and other value-add offerings for soup products
- Supported the production formulation of a freeze-thaw stable pesto line
- Regularly advised and collaborated with Plenus Group owner and their head of R&D