- Favorite Summer Vegetables
- Summer Squash
- Bell peppers
- Red Onion
- Fire Roasted Diced tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, cayenne (if you are feeling spicy)
- Wash all of the vegetables.
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, I like to quarter squash length wise and then slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces to make quarter circles, sometimes half moons can be fun though. Try to keep the vegetables around the same size so they cook evenly.
- Once all vegetables are prepared, Heat a large skillet on the stove top.
- Saute the Onions and bell peppers in the pan first, since they are a little more hearty than the squash, Caramelizing the onions and peppers will add some additional flavor. (if you’d like you can grill the vegetables before cutting for a different flavor).
- Add the Summer Squash, Zucchini, and Eggplant to the pan. Continue cooking until the squash and eggplant just begin to soften. (caution if they become too soft they will begin to breakdown into the sauce)
- add the tomato puree and diced tomatoes to the vegetable mix, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the stove, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh basil and balsamic glaze or use to finish pasta or rice.
- Enjoy warm or cold