There are some great peanut sauces in the market. Sometimes when we are in a pinch we will reach for House of Tsangs peanut dipping sauce and add some chili sauce or toasted peanuts to it. But the sauce we like to make in the our kitchen is a blend of creamy peanut butter and smooth coconut milk with the salty umami of soy sauce or fish sauce and the chili sauce (hot or mild). We like to add some soy milk to help give the sauce a more fluid consistency. Try garnishing with chopped peanuts, green onions or toasted sesame oil.
The peanut Sauce we use:
- 1tbsp of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2tsp of Reduced sodium soy sauce (replace with fish sauce if desired)
- 2 tsp of Sweet Chili Sauce (mae Plau) (for a hotter version replace half with a hot chili sauce like sambal)
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Soy Milk
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
2. Mix until ingredients are evenly combined (if mixing by hand use caution the soy milk and peanut butter may not mix together at first, but continue working the mixture until they combine and are smooth)
3. Use as a glaze and dipping sauce for chicken satay, or in a noodle stir fry.
CAUTION: this recipe does contain peanuts, however in the case of an allergy peanut butter can be substituted for almond or another nut butter.