With the Weather warming up more and more requests from restaurants to have fresh seafood on their menu. For whichever reason, religious, health conscious etc, Seafood provides a lighter protein rich meal full of positive vitamins and nutrients and is consistently a popular item in the spring and summer months.
Seafood does not always have to be expensive to be flavorful and delicious. Trends are leaning more towards unique and local cuts, not that fillets like salmon or sea bass aren’t selling. Consumers are becoming more open to new species.
Baking fish allows the healthful properties many consumers are looking for in a fish to remain present as opposed to frying.
- Ingredients per fillet
- Breading 2oz per fillet
- White Wine about 1 oz per
- Scrod Fillets
- Butter about 1 oz per fillet
- Choice Side dishes we suggest a nice jasmine rice and a light vegetable medley.
- Lemon Slice
- Heat oven to 350*F
- Wrap a baking pan in aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray
- Place the fillets in the pan and pack the top of the fish with about 2 oz per fillet of crumb topping
- Add the wine to the bottom of the pan and butter to the top of the fish
- Bake in oven until fish is flakey and internal temperature is reached. check after 7 minutes then check every 3 minutes
Baked Scrod Breading:
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of cape cod chips hand crushed
- 1 oz melted butter
- 2 tbsp of white wine
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of chefs salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of parsley
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until evenly combined.