Please find below a recipe we are testing from Ohbiteit.com for Bacon Cheese Potato Nachos. We liked their recipe but want to make some suggestions.
- “potato” chips
- Fresh Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Shredded Cheese
- Queso Dip
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Diced Red Onion
- After Bake
- BBQ Sauce
- Sour Cream
1. Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch discs.
2. Place in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil then remove from heat once they begin to soften
3. Toss with oil chili powder and cumin.
4. Grill evenly on both sides until a crisp skin is formed (if it is a little chilly for the grill use a skillet or griddle)
5. Begin layering the potatoes with Cheese, queso and assorted toppings. by using the shredded cheese and queso dip you are able to create a nacho that can sit out a bit longer because the cheese wont fully solidify.
6. Place in the oven or broiler to melt cheese. (may take longer if assembled in advance)
7. We like to drizzle with BBQ sauce and finish with Sour Cream and diced tomatoes.